- Drop-in child care is a pay-by-the-hour, flexible use service available to busy parents!
We are a drop-in/short-term child care facility as described under North Carolina G.S. 110-86(2)(d). We are required to register our facility with N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, but we are not (and are not required to be) licensed or regulated by the Department.
Drop-in / short-term care child care would be used by parents who need care while they occasionally run errands or participate in leisure activities. KidTime staff must be able to reach the parent by phone and the parent must be able to get back to the program within 15 minutes.
- KidTime Drop-In Center HOURS*
- MON-THURS 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM, Last check-in 7:00 PM. Close at 7:00 PM If there are no children in center.
- FRIDAY 8:30 AM – 11:00 PM, Last check-in 9:00 PM. Close at 9:00 PM if there are no children in center
- SATURDAY 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM, Last check-in 9:00 PM. Close at 9:00 PM if there are no children in center
- SUNDAY – CLOSED ALL DAY
* Reservations at KidTime are not required, we are a first come first serve facility; however, if you have plans to drop your child off later in the evening, please call ahead and let us know. We will close at 7:00 PM Mon-Thurs., Fri and Sat at 9:00 PM if we do not have any children in our center.
KidTime is Located in the Northcross Shopping Center across from Mickey and Mooch Restaurant – 9715 Sam Furr Road in Huntersville. Click here to view it on a map.
- Yes! Our Multi-Child Discount is applied when more than one sibling is playing in our center at the same time. The more hours you purchase the bigger the discount on our multi-child package of hours.
- Most of our staff are students working on their childhood education degree or are current educators. All of our staff have a genuine love for kiddos and are CPR & First Aid and Epi-pen Certified. Additionally, all of the staff who come into contact with your child have passed state and federal background checks.
- Our drop-in rate is $9.50/hour per child. We offer a multi-child discount when both kids are playing in our center at the same time. Pricing is per child per hour. For example, if you have 2 children and they each stay for 2 hours your cost will be based on the total visit length of 4 hours. All visit times are calculated to the minute with no rounding. Hours also never expire. We now offer payment plans on our 30 hour or more packages!
- We accept cash, check and all debit and major credit cards.
- Reservations are not required, they are suggested on high volume days Friday, Saturdays and when school is out. We are a first come first serve facility.
You’re welcome to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 704.895.9002 in advance to reserve your space. All reservation will be confirmed via email or phone within 24 hours. For same day reservations, call us at 704.895.9002.
- KidTime is a drop-in care center and not a daycare, so we are mandated by the NC guidelines for drop-in care.
Your child can stay longer than 4 hours on occasion, but not on a regular basis.
N.C. regulations define “a regular basis” as “at least one time per week,” we ask that you please limit those occasions, on average, to less than once per week.
We accept children on a first-come, first-serve basis until we reach our facility’s permitted capacity.
The 4-hour time limit does not apply to our spring and summer camp programs and other recreational activities!
- Please be courteous to our closing staff and arrive before closing. There is a $1.00 charge per minute, per child when you arrive after our closing times.
- No, Kidtime does not administer regular medications of any kind. Certain life saving medications (EpiPen) will be administered. Additionally, please do not send in any medication for children to self administer.